“A lovely combination of high energy, imagination and nasty good humor.”
– Chicago Tribune
“Philadelphia lawyer Scottoline provides nonstop action, smart narration, and dozens of helpful tips on going underground in your own hometown.”
– Kirkus Reviews
“Legal Tender is mystery at its finest.”
– Harriet Klausner, BookBrowser
“A fast-paced, suspenseful and tongue-in-cheek legal thriller.”
– Los Angles Times
Questions for Book Clubs
- What do you think of Bennie? What do you like about her? What would you change? Who would you cast as Bennie, if they ever made Legal Tender into a movie?
- What likely caused the problems between Bennie and Mark? How do you think Bennie and Mark would have worked together after the break up? What does the way Mark handle things tell you about him? Do you think he has another choice, and if so, what?
- What do you think about the kind of work Bennie does? What impact do you think it has on the way the police handle her case? How do corrupt cops affect the legal system and why do you think some cops turn bad?
- Why are people so passionate about animals’ rights? What cause would you actively fight for? How far would you go for your cause? How do you feel about violence in the name of a cause? Is it ever justified?
- To what extent is Bennie is responsible for her mother’s care? Do you think she does the right thing by allowing her mother to be electroshocked? Why or why not?
- Do you think Sam is a good friend to Bennie? Why or why not? When a couple breaks up, how hard is it on the friends they share? How do you decide who gets to keep the friends? Do you think it is possible to remain friends with both people?
- What should Bennie do now? Do you think her experience has helped or hurt her relationship with the police? What kind of trust issues do you think Bennie will face? If you were Bennie, whom from the firm would you trust?